Thursday, June 12, 2014

Here Comes the Blog, Little Darling


If I could have some sort of gender reveal party, but it not be for a baby, and be for this blog instead, I would.

It's a...blog!...... A cool one!?

I've had an internal fight with myself for a couple weeks of when to write my first post. Nervous because the layout isn't perfect, the site doesn't have everything I want it to have right now, curious to what the exact "theme" or what "direction" it would go. What would I write as the beginning to this "baby' I now have, the legendary, historic, and ever so important first post ever?

Would I just jump into the goodies I have planned? Or would I have some boring back cover author-like description of me with some black and white head shot of me looking out a dramatic window? Would it be short? Would it be long? People probably won't really read it anyway. OR WILL THEY?!

It needs to be perfect, I kept saying. Well fuck it.

The whole point of me starting this little adventure with the internet and with you lovely ladies and lads, is because for a long time I've wanted some sort of medium to be able to be creative, fun, and produce something that people could look at it and either laugh, or see a little of their lives in the content, or be motivated or influenced to do great things without feeling the weight of the world around them. Without feeling the need to always be perfect.

Great things could mean anything, depending on your life, who you are, even sphere of influence. Do you have a million dollars? Start a charity. Or if you have 15 dollars to your name and just hate everything, maybe start thinking there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Great things could mean saying something nice to a stranger, or finally believing in yourself, or finally getting off the couch and heading to the gym and improving your health.  If no one reads this, it won't matter. If a blog fails in the middle of the internet forest, does it make a sound?  But if even one person reads this, or a certain post, and feels better about their lives, or inspired, or even just laughs....then that's all I want/wanted to achieve.

With the internet being so prevalent in everyone's lives these days, I feel like there are few pages you can go on and just seek positive messages, no subliminal messages or white noise but simply a thirst for the essence of life. I'm on a hunt to find other pages like that, and will hopefully be sharing them as I find them accordingly.

Soooo....maybe this post wasn't "perfect". Maybe it didn't make sense like it did in my head. But that's the point. Nothing will ever be perfect. It's the magic in the imperfections that make life what it is, and what makes all of us human. Take Risks. Say Fuck it.

Stop overthinking. With the endless forms of media we are submerged in, all these apps for all these phones and websites, our mind is flooded with thoughts, actions, agendas, knowledge, and so much more -non stop.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but at the end of the day. It's your life to live. Stop and smell the Starbucks coffee every now and then.  Slow down, and have a lazy day with people you love, or maybe you just know assholes and need a lazy day with yourself. Plan a life changing trip, or simply take a picnic at the local park, heck the local driveway. Try to make sure its your driveway, you know, for obvious reasons.

I hope this blog gives you something you were looking for. A laugh, inspiration, or whatever. And if not, well alright then. I mean there are jelly beans in the background. Sue me.

Sincerely,  Stephanie xoxo

"I learned a long time ago that reality was weirder than anyone's imagination." -Hunter S Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment